Re: radiator mystery

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: radiator mystery
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:38:12 -0400
Paul,
  My experience with my '72 MGB-GT is similar to Bob Donahue's.  Fitted
with a 195F thermostat, the gauge will not reach N with ambient temps
below 50F unless part of the radiator is blocked.  When the gauge
indicates N, the water temp at the top of the radiator is 195F.   Driving
around this weekend, with ambient temps in the 70-75 range, the needle
was at N as soon as the engine was warmed and stayed there steadily.
  Mine does not require choke except for starting and, perhaps, the first
hundred yards of driving.
  This car has a radiator with an additional row in the core.
Bob