Re: Driving Philosophies (Long) (Was: Re: Cops vs.LBCs)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving Philosophies (Long) (Was: Re: Cops vs.LBCs)
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:47:45 -0500
Hello Gang,
   This week we tangled with a bit of a flame fest regarding
whether various list-members felt it acceptable to violate
what they considered to be trivial laws.  Once the initial flame
front passed, we have had a really interesting, if un-MG-related,
discussion.  From this I have learned a lot of things.  If I were
to distill everything into just a one issue, it would be this:
   Our listmembers range from ultra conservative and literal
to ultra liberal and ethereal when it comes to laws.  That is to
be expected as we really are a subset, a sampling, if you will,
of the general population.  Our mutual interests have, however,
focused us toward another very important set of conclusions:

   + There are a number of really dangerous drivers out there
      and we are all offended (and threatened) by their careless
      and selfish behavior.
   + In general, we all try to live, at least, by the spirit of the
      law and respect what that means in a crowded inter-dependent
      society.
   + We all take driving seriously both from the enjoyment
       and safety viewpoints.

   Who could ask for better?!

Enjoy your weekend,

Rick / Tulsa