Re: Back..- roundabouts and Italians

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Back..- roundabouts and Italians
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:48:59 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Razor SEZ -
> My least favorite was the magic roundabout in Swindon.  I never did figure
> out which way to get though.  If memory serves there were five roundabouts
> circling a center round about.  Also, lots of big trucks around Swindon.  Of
> course, the roundabout is a great traffic idea, once you figure out how to
> use them.  I miss my 58 MGA coupe and at the time brand new 1985 Mini.

Roundabouts are becoming quite a fad in some parts of the US.
A town near where I live is putting them in all over the place,
apparently to save on the cost of traffic lights.  An article
in the Wall Street Journal a couple months back stated than on
average, accident rates go up 600-700% at intersections where
roundabouts are installed.  The ones around here are usually
less than 100 feet in diameter - and some have two lanes!

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were