Re: Back..- roundabouts and Italians

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Back..- roundabouts and Italians
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:24:25 -0700 (PDT)
Barrie Robinson SEZ -
> There are tons of roundabouts in Europe and they are efficient and
> cheap.  Problem is your driving skills may be challenged.   Furthermore
> there is more reliance on the vehicles lights to show the way rather than
> street lights!  That may be why there is a huge choice of add-on spot
> lights for MGs and similar.

Steve's complaint wasn't about roundabouts which are designed
to ease traffic flow, it was about roundabouts which are
designed the *impede* traffic flow.  Unlike the ones in Europe
or some east coast (US) cities, these are tiny (no larger than
a regular 4-way-stop intersection) and poorly designed.

The roundabouts I was complaining about aren't much better.
How in the heck are you supposed to enter the roundabout,
get into the inside lane, get back into the outside lane,
and exit all in 50 feet?

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were