Re: uhaul tow dolly/transport 70B

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: uhaul tow dolly/transport 70B
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:35:40 -0700 (PDT)
Listers,
Check this picture out.  It's my wife's 70B Heritage
body shell being tow barred to Stowe, VT. last month.
The drive shaft was ATTACHED.  She has O/D and
everything worked fine when we got to Rutland and I
drove her 100 miles to Stowe.  When we returned to PA
(450 miles) I took her for a spin and everything
worked
fine.http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=898162432560_80766023603&US=0&collid=63860789503&photoid=53860789503

   Now 2 years ago I took my 78B to MN 2000.  I
detached the drive shaft.  What a PITA but had peace
of mind.  What will I do for St. Louis?  Probably
drive my C if it's ready or the 70B if not.  Wife
won't be going.  What is my opinion? (I'm not an
engineer) You make the call, it's your car.  Me I'm
going to leave the drive shaft attached if less then
1000 miles and detach if over 1000 just for peace of
mind (=; How's that for hedging.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~budkrueger/NewBHere.jpg.