body work

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: body work
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:19:10 -0700
Hi list members. I've got a question on body work on my '57 MGA roadster
(with Dunlop disc brakes - not quite a Twin Cam, but....). I've removed
all body panels, stripped everything to bare metal, used PPG metal
cleaner and metal conditioner on the parts, and primed it with PPG
primer (compatible with acrylic lacquer). My question involves the use
of body filler. Do I need to remove the primer on the areas requiring
filling, or can I apply the filler over the primer?

TIA

Howard Battan
Auburn, WA USA