Re: Jiffy Lube, et.al

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jiffy Lube, et.al
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:19:59 -0700
on 8/27/03 2:19 PM, Joseph Cianciotti at jmc987@earthlink.net wrote:

> Anyone have any (positive) experience with those quick oil change
> places? My B is due for a change and I have no garage, my driveway is
> sloped and the street in front of the house has a very high crown. In
> other words, I have no flat place to work. My car has a spin-on oil
> filter adapter and I have a number of manufacturers' part numbers for a
> filter that'll fit. I even have a couple of spares on hand just in
> case. What should I look for? What should I avoid? Can anyone recommend
> a place? (Just in case you want to get specific, I'm in the Huntington,
> NY area) Thanks in advance,
>
> Joseph
> 67 MGB Roadster

Hmm, I tried one once, just so I could have them check the tranny oil level
while it was on a lift (hard to do on my dirt driveway). The oafs first
couldn't find a spin-on filter to fit it, then they cross-threaded it and
dumped the whole load trying to drive off the lift. That pretty much soured
me on them, for non-mainstream vehicles, at least.

Look out -- they might top off your brake fluid with an incompatible
variety, too.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149