Re: TD gear change

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD gear change
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:37:28 -0000
I'm the only club member here that still has the stock rear end in his TD. I
regularly cruise at 60 mph, no problem. The engine sounds pretty good at
that speed, and it's willing to go faster. How much faster, I don't know.
(The top end was advertised as 80 mph when they were new.) Everyone I know,
who has changed the rear end gears, swears by the modification. I do have a
set of MGA gears squirreled away, but the stock ones are doing such a good
job, that I just can't justify the $$$ to have the deed done. I'll probably
wait until the rear end needs a re-build anyway. (But the way it's going,
it's never going to wear out!)

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470