Re: TD gear change

To: Gary Breeback <vainent@nfdc.net>
Subject: Re: TD gear change
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:42:25 -0400
Gary,

      Ignore these folks that don't appreciate the pleasure and mystique
of owning and driving a TD. (Flame suit ready) MGA differential gears
can readily be installed in a TD, but it needs to be done properly.
Personally, I had a set of 4.3 gears put into mine.  My engine is
probably a bit peppier than most with the head having been blessed by
Lawrie Alexander (large valves, polished passages, ~8.8:1 compression)
and .040" over pistons, etc., from Skip Kelsey.  I really have no
problems cruising along on the interstates of New England with fellow
MG'ers.  A comfortable 4000 rpm is about 68 mph.  Moss Motors sells a
treatise written by Carl Cederstrand (212-350) that tells all about
these gear swaps.  Your friend should buy/borrow a copy and read it.

Bud Krueger
52TD