Re: Headers or not?

To: Jason Spaeth <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headers or not?
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Jason, most folks consider the stock exhaust manifold to be a pretty good
design, other than being kind of heavy. You could probably save yourself
the cost of a header by hooking up the aftermarket system to the stock
manifold and not lose anything. Moss has several options for exhaust
systems, including the Peco and Falcon systems. Can't comment on them as
my cars are stock.

--- Jason Spaeth <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List:  I am trying to decide if I would like to install headers or
> not on
> my early 74 B.  From what I can tell, the factory manifold design does
> not
> look that different from the headers available for sale.  Is there
> really
> any advantage?
>
> I will also be replacing the rest of the exhaust system and have noticed
>
> many aftermarket options/brands.  I would like a stainless steel system
> (although it wouldn't have to be) with two chrome tips exiting the rear.
>
> Most important to me, though, is that it has a nice deep throaty sound
> it.  Any one have suggestions/advice for me.  Thanks.
>
> Jason Spaeth
> North Branch, Mn USA
> 74 MGB (under restoration)
> 85 Jaguar XJ6
> 03 Eclipse Spyder (wifes car.  She let me drive it once - home from the
>
> dealer)
> 94 Cadillac Deville
> 95 Chevy Blazer

=====
Dan
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Nope, it's broke!
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
NAMGBR #5-2328