RE: Rear Shock Kit

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rear Shock Kit
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:06:42 -0500
-----Original Message-----
if the lever shocks are not leaking they are fine -- that is, they do
not need to be rebuilt. From your experiences would you agree?

Don Malling

>From my experience that is the starting point only.  To really know what
you have on your hands, free the lever from its attachment point on the
suspension and move the lever through its entire range to see if it
travels smoothly and freely.  Gee, now that I think about it, if it's
not leaking, it could be all out of shock oil!  I have seen slight
leaking that didn't seem to have any affect on performance.  Obviously,
it is always important to keep them topped up.

Dean