Rear Shock Kit

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Shock Kit
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:36:47 -0500
>>>This is interesting. Is there anyone that has installed tubeshocks,
>>>when they've had good working armstrongs, and noticed significant
>>>improvement?

Over the past 6 years I have tried several different shock configuration
on the rear. Stock lever shocks were okay - but do tend to wear out fairly
quickly. Spax conversion is okay but way too stiff even on the softer
setting.
The best shock for the street I have tried is the tube shock conversion from
Doug Jackson. The brackets are a better design and he has a custom valve
Monroe (?) shock which gives the rear of the car a comfortable/soft feel
but gives excellent control

gerry