Re: clutch bleed wierdness

To: holtt@nacse.org
Subject: Re: clutch bleed wierdness
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:56:52 -0400
  Hmmm.  Not a good sign, that "flat and no pressure".
  Oh well, the good part (so to speak) is that removing the engine &
gearbox to change the clutch is a lot easier in an MGB than in a TD.  If
you have all the parts to hand, it's an in&out in a day.   I would buy
new everything, the clutch assy, throwout bearing, clips, everything, as
the cost in $$ isn't as great as the cost in time. Get it done, and it's
done for another 60M miles or more.
Bob

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:08:56 -0700 Tim Holt <holtt@nacse.org> writes:
> Was driving in town and noted the clutch seemed a little soft.  Came
> to a stop sign, and then went to shift up to 2nd on moving, and the
> clutch was just dead - flat and no pressure.  I replaced the master
sort of
> on uh - "it' must be it" reaction (given I'd replaced the slave 6
> months before).
> So last night I climbed back under and manually moved the clutch arm
> (with slave removed).  It moves about 1" towards the front (towards
> the SS).  If I push it back (like where the SS would push it), it also
> moves about an inch.  It also makes a click sound and has a certain
amount
> of rattle/play to it.  This is obviously not a very comfortable thing
> to hear and makes me think something's fubar in the clutch itself...

Check out the new British Cars Forum: