Re: help with a question to all

To: <Mblock3594@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: help with a question to all
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:17:26 +0100
Revving the engine till you get valve-bounce is known as an Italian or Asian
tuneup depending on where in the world you live.  It isn't ideal, or
recommended, but on a relatively 'safe' engine like the MGB the revs should
automatically be limited by the valve-bounce before any real harm is done.
But I can't see how that alone would have blown a core/freeze plug.  I hope
it is an 'easy' one and not the one at the rear, but even that can be
replaced using a bolt and nut welded to a plate and some bracketry on the
back of the engine without having to pull it.

PaulH.