Re: stowaway top needed / hoods

To: MG Discussion <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stowaway top needed / hoods
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:27:24 +0930
On 31/05/2005, at 12:55 PM, Bob Donahue wrote:

> Are the stowaways easier to put up and down? Can a '71 be converted
> to stowaway?
>
> As much as I like originality, I would jump at an aftermarket 'easy-
> to-use' hood. Please, someone design an easy to use hood for the
> MGB! (Boy, don't you just hate it when the Miata in the next lane
> puts his top up/down with one arm, without getting out of the car,
> at the stop light!)

My "mid-fold" top was like that.  One hand up and one hand down
(apart from doing up/undoing the clips on the top of the
windscreen.... unless you have strong hands).

Often did that when it started to rain - stop at lights and pull the
top over.  Maybe 15 seconds to get it sorted.

Ahhh memories (the top still hangs on the wall of my shed).

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia