RE: stowaway top needed / hoods

To: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>,
Subject: RE: stowaway top needed / hoods
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Councill, David" wrote:
> Isn't the folding top simple enough? I can raise and
> lower mine from the driver's seat with one hand

Wow, you're a better man than me.  It used to take me
five full minutes to lower the folding top in my 1971
- longer than it took me to stow the removeable
version.

Worse, though, it took all sorts of fiddling to get
everything folded back in a way that wouldn't damage
the plastic windows or the vinyl itself.  It was
always kinked around pointy parts of the frame,
creased and pinched...  I hated it.  It took so much
fiddling, and if I was in a hurry and half-a$$ed it, I
damaged the top in some way.

The stowaway, despite being hilariously antiquated in
theory, actually works easy as pie for me.  Sure, I
have to get out of the car, but once I do - wham bam!
Up or down in a minute.  Considering I hadly every use
the top at all, I love having the extra space behind
the seats...

But this is an age-old argument, and everyone has
their own preferences.  I guess it's great that we
have options!

Cheers,

Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005