Re: stowaway top needed / hoods

To: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stowaway top needed / hoods
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am a huge fan of Stowaway tops. Rolled up in the
> boot it is out of the way and I have tons of room
> behind me. The car just feels more like a roadster
> without the top taking up all that space.

I couldn't agree more.  I prefer the stowaway top by a
considerable margin over the folding version.

But I also agree that after owning an Alfa Romeo
Spider Veloce for a while, and marvelling time and
again about just how wonderfully simple it was to
raise or lower the top with one hand from the driver's
seat, I would think some enterprising aftermarket
company would design something similar for the MGB.

But maybe it's just not possible.

Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit