Re: air filter on 4/4

To: morgans@autox.team.net, wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
Subject: Re: air filter on 4/4
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 23:26:57, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Will, Prior to fitting SUs to my MGBGT I had a weber without an air
filter. Went to the local PICK A PART salvage yard and wandered around
looking at air filters.  I found a  hard rubber fitting on a car ( I
don't remember the model but there were several models which used them),
 fit perfectly over the carb. I had to make a mounting plate from aly
but that was quick work.  Since the cover made a 90 degree angle, I was
able to duct it  to a filter box picked out of another car.
I would be careful ducting it to the grill. A friend had a Mazda which
had the air intake ducted to the grill (low) and ran through a water
puddle, sucked in a big gulp of the water causing the engine to lock up
. Made the biggest mess of the engine I have ever seen.
RE loss of power, I really don't know how much power you would loose
but can understand your concern given its a Little Morgan  :)

Bob Nogueira

> Date: Monday, 05-Aug-96 03:16 PM
>
> From: Will Zehring             \ Internet:

> Fellow moggers:
>
> It has worried me that my '67 4/4, with its single throat down
draught
> solex  carb, has no air filter.  Casual investigations suggest that
there
> just  isn't enough room to mount even a modified filter and meet
bonnet
> clearances  (its really tight!).  In conversation with "Bob" at
Morgan