Re: +4 conversion?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: +4 conversion?
From: pdburket@intrepid.net (David & Pat)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 20:26:04 -0500
>I have the opportunity to purchase a 1961 +4.  The car will be a project
>car.  The wood and metal around the doors is rusted and the doors need re
>skinning or replacing.  The car is a 2 seater.  The question I have is can
>it be rebuilt into a 4 seater?
>
>Stephen F. Bauserman
>sbauserm@actsnet.com
>The ACTS Group

Steve,

I probably can't answer your question, since the car I am restoring is a
two seater Plus 4 .  If you  need a complete new body, I don't think there
would be much of a problem. However if you plan to replace just part of the
body you might be into a bucket of worms with this type of conversion.  The
body of a four seater is different from behind the door to the rear of the
body.  A four seater would also need a taller windscreen to give sufficent
room for rear pasengers when the top is up.  You might check the height of
the scuttle on both models.

Morgan dittos,
David