Re: +4 conversion?

To: sbauserm@actsnet.com
Subject: Re: +4 conversion?
From: GOTom@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 21:49:15 -0500

<< First has anyone out there ever built a new would frame or know of someone
 who has done this?  Secondly, can you buy just a wood frame?  How many
 Saturdays would this project take if I do the work including wood and
 painting? >>

I just had my frame rebuilt by a fellow who grew up around British Motor
cars.  He had access to a shop that had a good array of woodworking machines.
 He used the old pieces as patterns and did everything but the rear wheel
arches and the top rear side braces (pieces?) going from the arches to the
rear of the tub.  The arches are laminated and would require special jigs to
reproduce.  Fortunately, mine were good enough to reuse.  He did a nice job
but has left town.  He did a great job.

Unless you have a good wood shop or access to one I would reccommend finding
someone who specilizes in doing rebuilds.  Probably won't cost much more and
be much quicker for someone who has the jigs and equipment.

Tom Gainer - El Paso
53 Flat Rad, 4 seater