Re: +4 conversion?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: +4 conversion?
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 12:46:59 -0500
At 11:08 AM 11/16/96 -0800, smithmog@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>Steve Bauserman wrote:
>
> I have the opportunity to purchase a 1961 +4.  The car will be a
> project car.
> The car is a 2 seater.  The question I have is can it be rebuilt
> into a 4 seater?

Stephen,

  I didn't see my responce to question posted so, here is a modified
version of my $.02.

  I agree with what everyone has said about the conversion.  It is
possible, but it would be expensive.

  I see 2 options here that haven't been mentioned.

  a. Look for a 4 seater.  However, I'm quessing that the initial
     price of the 2 seater you are looking at is within you financial
     ball park and that you can't find a 4 seater for that amount.

     Do you have any idea of what it costs to restore a Morgan, or
     any car for that matter?  If you have checked out the Morgan
     WEB page, then you know that I did all my own work.  I have
     about $6,000 in the restoration and I didn't have to buy any
     sheet metal or the wooden tub.  The only expensive items I
     purchased were the new wheels and tires and a new top.

  b. You might want to get this 2 seater and restore it and use
     it to leverage the purchase of a 4 seater when you have
     finished restoring the 2 seater.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!