Re: +4 conversion?

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: +4 conversion?
From: "Steve Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 17:18:38 -0600
I have just come from looking at the car.

It is basically all there disassembled.  The wood is complete but badly
worn.  Sheet metal is all there.  As near as I can tell the car needs wood,
the two flat pieces of metal over the rear wheels, a wiring harness, door
skins, turn signals, rear lights, switches, voltage regulator, badges,
windshield supports, interior, wiper motors and arms, and lots of work.

Features of the car are five steel disc wheels with an original set of
Dunlop WW tires with stickers still on them, disc brakes, Brooklands
steering wheel, rebuilt original motor and transmission and solid chassis.
The owner has a letter from Peter Morgan stating the motor number, color,
and agent to whom the car was sold.

I am interested in several things.  Please understand money is secondary in
this issue.  I have this fatal character flaw which causes me to be drawn
to old cars needing restoration,  British first, then German.  I complete a
project and move on.

First has anyone out there ever built a new would frame or know of someone
who has done this?  Secondly, can you buy just a wood frame?  How many
Saturdays would this project take if I do the work including wood and
painting?  I would farm out the upholstery.  Is this a project that could
be completed and is the end result worth it?  I mean as far as being a car
that could be enjoyed and driven (4/4 and +4 subjective comments aside).

Thanks again for all of your advice.