My vacation

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: My vacation
From: jxo@psulias.psu.edu (John Olson)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:34:09 -0500
Hi all,
        Now that the students are in finals mode. I can relax a little and
tell you that my wife and I took a two week vacation last month to see my
wife's sister and brother-in-law who live in London.  Had a great time.
Spent one day and went to the Morgan factory. WOW! Thought I died and went
to heaven. Everyone was so nice and friendly. Since we visited in November
we were practically the only ones there. There was only one other couple
there and they were from Philadelphia.  I'd seen pictures of the factory but
to actually walk in the front door was a thrill beyond belief.  Didn't get a
chance to see Peter or Charles but I was told that they were around
somewhere. The factory has a self-guided tour that you can take at your own
pace.  It's great to see the whole process from start to finish. From seeing
the chassis up on those wooden horses to seeing the guys in the body shop
shaping each body panel by hand. I wanted to stay forever in the dispatch
bay where all they put the finishing touches on the cars. I think my wife
was getting ready to put a lobster bib on my I was drooling so much.  It
took me a long time to get through the whole process much to the irritation
of my traveling companions. The whole experience just makes me love Morgans
all the more. I wish eveyone who loves Morgans could get the opportunity to
tour the factory someday.
        So for those on the list who have visited heaven... I mean the
factory. Tell the rest of us what your impressions were the first time you
visited the Morgan works.
        Happy holidays everyone.

John A. Olson                               phone: (814) 898-6426
Sr. Assistant Librarian                fax:        (814) 898-6350
Penn State - Erie                     e-mail: jxo@psulias.psu.edu
The Behrend College
Station Road                 A Library is thought in cold storage
Erie, PA  16563                                    Herbert Samuel