Re: My vacation

To: jxo@psulias.psu.edu.John.Olsonn, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My vacation
From: NKED65A@Prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: 12 Dec 96
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

John, Its nice to hear of your trip. Even if the Morgan factory were not
in Malvern it would be one of my favorite places in the world. I always
tell people going to GB to stay at Malvern.
While it has been  seven years since my last pilgrimage, I always stayed
at Bredon House with Mrs Pope. It started as a bed and breakfast but she
converted  it to a little hotel. Arrived at 10PM one night and she
brought me tea and snack after showing me to my room. Great view of
Malvern Link since its in Great Malvern on the hill.4.
While on the subject a trick I used which worked very well on my last
visit was to carry a micro recorder. When ever I asked directions I
would  turn on the recorded first,  I found that It kept me from having
to say " Would you please repeat that".  Its not so much the accent as
the method of giving directions, in the USA we generally give route
numbers or street names but I found in GB people give you a list of
towns to travel through.  makes it rather confusing until you get use to
it.
The recorder came in handy at the factory as well. I spent about an hour
with the foreman of the wood shop,  who explained how to build a door.
Got it all on tape.
I'm really looking forward to getting my two son and daughter  through
college so I can start returning to Malvern regularly.
Did you get a chance to walk any of the paths in the hills?

Bob Nogueira

-- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-96 03:00 PM
>
> From: John Olson               \ Internet:    (jxo@psulias.psu.edu
john
> olsonn))
> To:   aMORGANS@autox.team.net  \ Internet:    (morgans@autox.team.net)
>
> Subject: My vacation
>
> Hi all,
>         Now that the students are in finals mode. I can relax a little
and tell
> you that my wife and I took a two week vacation last month to see my
wife's
> sister and brother-in-law who live in London.  Had a great time. Spent
one day
> and went to the Morgan factory. WOW! Thought I died and went to heaven
..
> Everyone was so nice and friendly. Since we visited in November we
were
> practically the only ones there. There was only one other couple there
and they
> were from Philadelphia.  I'd seen pictures of the factory but to
actually walk
> in the front door was a thrill beyond belief.  Didn't get a chance to
see Peter
> or Charles but I was told that they were around somewhere. The factory
has a
> self-guided tour that you can take at your own pace.  It's great to
see the
> whole process from start to finish. From seeing the chassis up on
those wooden
> horses to seeing the guys in the body shop shaping each body panel by
hand. I
> wanted to stay forever in the dispatch bay where all they put the
finishing
> touches on the cars. I think my wife was getting ready to put a
lobster bib on
> my I was drooling so much.  It took me a long time to get through the
whole
> process much to the irritation of my traveling companions. The whole
experience
> just makes me love Morgans all the more. I wish eveyone who loves
Morgans could