RE: Re[2]: Refugee

To: "'ebrown@ms.com'" <ebrown@ms.com>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Refugee
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 17:36:05 -0400
Chip and Greg,

It's always a good idea to issue a warning.  It may not even be
necessary to "pop" the head.  I used to only back off the head bolts
enough so that all the cranking did was to physically separate the head
from the block.  I would think that cranking beats using a screwdriver
or other implements of destruction to break the seal.  If I recall
correctly, the only way the sleeves can go is up and there must be some
sort of restraining device at the bottom of the sleeves, otherwise they
would be pushed into the crankcase area during normal operation.

Still, there may be better ways and I hope somebody comes up with one
before Greg runs out of time!

Chuck

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME