Re: Re[2]: Refugee

To: Fred_H._Birkbeck@ieaust.org.au (Fred H. Birkbeck)
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Refugee
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 09:01:22 -0400
Fred writes:

>For those who asked, the reason MGB engines do not have this problem/need
this care is that they do not have removeable cylinder liners.

I understand this, but what still confuses me is the need to turn the
engine over to remove the head, regardless of the presence or absence of
liners.  The pistons don't contact the head (they sure better not!) in
their stroke, so what is being accomplished by doing this?  Is the
compression just being used to break a seal?

Will Zehring