Re[4]: Refugee

To: Fred_H._Birkbeck@ieaust.org.au, William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re[4]: Refugee
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 11:01:52 -0400
     The compression breaks the seal. My head gasket experience is limited
     to an Alfa 1600 Giulia that I had years ago that blew head gaskets for
     a while until I figured out what was what. It had sleeves also and an
     aluminum head, chain-driven dual overhead cams and thereby two
     proscriptions: don't use piston movement to move the head, and don't
     take yer ball peen hammer and whack the soft aluminum head until it
     came loose. I made a gizmo out of a piece of 1x3 oak, drilled holes
     for the manifold studs, slipped the board on and whacked the board,
     (gently) and the head always came loose with no problem.

     Chip Brown