Re: Re[2]: Refugee

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Refugee
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 19:05:17 -0400
At 05:29 PM 5/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Okay, I'll bite.....
>Why the need to turn over the TR engine in the fisrt place?  What makes it
>necessary w/this mill?

Will, as you know, I'm with you and the 4/4s.  However in a previous life,
I did have 3 (count them, 3) TR3.  Took them all apart and made one good
car.  Then made the second biggest mistake of my life and copped the tub
and put a fiber glass body on it.  (The 1st mistake was not keeping the 3
TR3 intact as 3 cars)  Boy, I'd love to have them back and all the spare
parts I had.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've rebuilt a 3 engine, but you don't
have to turn the eng. over.  At least I never did.

> with the recent purchase of a TR engined (gasp) TVR, I'm possibly looking

When did you get a TVR?????  You're making me jelous (sp).  All I want is
a Daimler SP250 Dart, Marcos (v6 powered), TVR, Messerschmidt, TR3,
Morris Minor, Metropolitan, .......

>p.s. regarding latent virus, as a molecular geneticist at one of our
>nation's premier medical schools, I concur with all discussions on this
>topic.  I am tempted to suggest that the SCV may be a retrovirus variant,
>as it tends to draw the victim into the retrocar.

Back when I was 17 and infected with that strange SCV, I was real lucky.
I don't know if young men today can be infected with SCV, but at least
back in the dark ages when I got it, I didn't have to worry much about
STDs.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  495-8229

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire