Re: Chassis number location

To: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com (Scott Barrie), morgans@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Chassis number location
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 23:00:26 -0400
The chassis number is stamped on the square steel crossmember under the
front of the right seat bottom cushion. The body tub number is not inside
the wheel well, it is on the top of the right rear wheel arch, inside the
car, just behind the seat back. The engine number as mentioned is on the
hinge side flanges of the bonnet halves.

If your Morgan has undergone substantial restoration work such as
replacement of the chassis, engine, hood and body tub it is possible that
none of these numbers will be found.

Of course, if that's the case the philosophical question arises as to
whether or not you really have a car at all, or just think you do. I hope
you're enjoying it, in any case!

Seriously, though, I wonder if there are any Morgans which have been cloned
into more than one complete car, each with some legitimate claim to an
original serial number. Just think, there could be more Morgans still on
the road than were ever built by the factory!

Jerry Murphy
'67+4 6676