Re: Chassis number location

To: Scott Barrie <scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com>
Subject: Re: Chassis number location
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:00:25 -0700
Scott Barrie wrote:

> >From somewhere hidden deep in the mists (or would that be musts?) of time I
> seem to remember that the 4/4 Competition also came with 72 spoke wheels as
> well. Is that correct?
>
> Best regards
>
> Scott Barrie

Scott,
My early '67 4/4 Competition left the factory with disc wheels. Every
book I've read doesn't mention wire wheels with regards to this model.
Chris Harvey's book "Morgan The Last Survivor", forinstance, mentions
the usual items for the 1500: Weber 2 barrel, high lift cam, higher
compression head, larger exhaust valves, tubular exhaust manifold, freer
flowing intake manifold, & 4.1 to 1 rear. From January '67, the
Competition was fitted with the 2000E gearbox, with better ratios.
Harvey suggests that in 1968, the factory offered pressed steel wheels
in a Rostyle spoked pattern, and 4.5J in wire. I'm guessing that wheels,
like the Selectaride shocks, were  optional.

Cheers!
Fred Kuzyk
Morgan Sports Car Club Canada