Re: TexMog

To: sbauserm@actsnet.com
Subject: Re: TexMog
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:02:03 -0500
Steve,
 I think everyone got back from TexMog o. k.  The Glovers passed Matilda
at about mach 3 beyond Athens after they, the Boyles and Barbara and I
had lunch( yes we were still eating).  Have not heard from Jeff or
Nogueria as of yet.  Matilda, except for the left head light falling out,
really performed flawlessly, but this morning, when I opened the garage
to dry her out a tad, the left rear tire was flat.  I thought it was
perhaps her still being in a fit of pique from having erected her hood
due to the torrential rain, but the truth was that her Perilli P3's
purchased in 82 seemed not only not to have any tread left, but all of
them are really rather cracked, showing how things are not capable of
holding up very well for the long haul any more.  I ordered 6 new Dunlop
SP20's which will not be in until friday.  I hope these will stand up to
the light wear which Matilda requires, better than the P3's did, although
I do not know how well the Dunlops will do at Autocroses.
I will send the flex pipe Wed. morning.  I agree with you that Ted and
Bonnie Glover did a great job for this the 17th TexMog, and the Boyle Mob
on the gymkhana.  Jeff, bless his heart, is who shagged the regailia.
Congratulations on your lovely 4/4 finally finding a name..Lucy has a
good home.
Chuck Harris
66 4/4, 60 4/4, 57 BMW300, 55 Chevy PU, 65 Mustang conv.,68 Honda 90, 74
Thing, 83 F150 4X4, 91 Grand Daughter