For Sale No More

To: CobMeister@aol.com
Subject: For Sale No More
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 11:37:04 -0500
Colin and fellow mog-o-philes:

Our comrade Colin writes:

>I confess that I am suffering  "Three-Wheeler Withdrawal," a horrendous
>maladay that, thankfully, strikes very few people since it is engendered only
>when the Trike you OWNED leaves you forever...
>
>So, if I am not my usual cheerful, happy-go-lucky self for a few days or
>weeks or whatever, just nod sagely and say, "Now the bloke is THREE wheels
>short of a set, don't you know!"
>
>Sigh...........
>
>--Colin Cobb, Countin' Wheels Outside Las Cruces, NM
>'66 Plus 4 Four Seater

My thoughts are with you, Colin, even if you do own a +4  ;-)  I, for one,
still mourn the passing of a '67 E-type coupe (the car I loved to hate).
I'd give my...  ...to have that car back.

This is an aspect of the "old car hobby" that seldom gets mentioned:
post-partum depression.  Probably most of us have experienced this syndrome
but we don't talk about it much.  In keeping with the new age spirit of the
up and coming millennium I suggest that we explore this realm of our hobby.
 Doubtless, our man Bob will have some piquant words on the subject.

To borrow the parlance of my lectures in biochemistry, my wife informs me
that we have come to equilibrium in the number of cool cars I am able to
call my own at any given time.  That means that if I seek a new project
etc. it will have to be balanced by the departure of an existing car.  This
is called the steady state in biochemistry, or mutual assured destruction
in both global politics and divorce law.  I am deeply troubled by this
development.

Well, I guess that's about it for now.  Thanks for listening,

Will Zehring