Re: For Sale No More

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: For Sale No More
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (David McCoy)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 11:41:26 -0500 (EST)

>To borrow the parlance of my lectures in biochemistry, my wife informs me
>that we have come to equilibrium in the number of cool cars I am able to
>call my own at any given time.  That means that if I seek a new project
>etc. it will have to be balanced by the departure of an existing car.  This
>is called the steady state in biochemistry, or mutual assured destruction
>in both global politics and divorce law.  I am deeply troubled by this
>development.

Well, some of us would think that "steady state" is a more appropriate term
for your condition!

Dave (the kineticist) McCoy

G. David McCoy, PhD                             phone: (216) 368-5963
Department of Environmental Health Sciences       fax: (216) 368-3194
Case Western Reserve University                  email: gdm@po.cwru.edu
School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH 44106