Re: Re: PLUS 8 QUESTION

To: kneisley@ohio.net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: PLUS 8 QUESTION
From: BradFarr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:54:25 EDT
In a message dated 9/15/98 8:38:17 AM, kneisley@ohio.net wrote:

<<Would the second cable be for the heater control?  My car is EFI and has no
choke, but there is a choke type cable which runs to the rear top coolant
hose which controls the amount of hot coolant going through the heater.>>

My car also has the pull-type knob and cable for the heater control mounted on
the steering column under the dash.
My question: Does the cable really control the hot water flow? It looks to me
as if the cable just controls a flap for directing the air within in the
heater box. I ask the question because I have been considering adding an
additional valve to shut off the flow of hot water to the heater box in hot
weather. Any ideas?

thanks,
Brad
'95 Plus 8