Old Americans

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Old Americans
From: ROWEMOGS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 14:47:10 EDT
Dear Michael, Lorne and Colin,

Many thanks for your help over the Pierce-Arrow and early Corvettes.  The
reason for the query is that I collect car models.  As well as 350 non-Morgan
models I have 100 different Morgan models and a real live '89 Plus 4 M16 four
place with 160bhp at the flywheel, roll bars under the scuttle and in front
of the rear axle and Koni telescopics all round.  In almost 10 years the car
has done 71,000 miles and been abroad to Jersey in the Channel Islands,
France,Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Denmark attending
Morgan rallies.

But to return to the models.  The '36 Pierce-Arrow 1601 and '37 Pierce-Arrow
Travelodge were a set just brought out by a hand built car model maker over
here to celebrate their 25th Anniversary.  The Corvette is a seven inch long
red convertible with brown interior, made in the early/mid '50s and still in
it's original box, with a battery powered control connected by a cable to the
car allowing it to go forward and backward and it can be steered.  It still
works.  It has a driver and is RHD but with provision to be switched over to
LHD where sold in countries that drive on the right.