RE: CorroDip (Corrosion Dissolver)

To: Morgan <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CorroDip (Corrosion Dissolver)
From: Harvey Gilmartin <harveyg@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:35:35 -0400
You might be on the right track. I did a simple experiment: I dipped a
rusty nut in vinegar. A few small bubbles formed on the surface of the nut.
After about a half hour, some of the very light rust fell off, but the
thicker rust didn't. After I took the nut out and rinsed it, the remaining
rust came off real easily with a steel brush. I'm sure the stuff is better
than vinegar, but I doubt it makes a good salad dressing.
Harvey
lurker