SV: CorroDip (Corrosion Dissolver)

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: SV: CorroDip (Corrosion Dissolver)
From: Harald Sakshaug <harald.sakshaug@datapower.no>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:22:10 +0200
Hi all,

I have taken this rust figting problem a little furter...
I deliver all my rusty parts to a lokal galvanizing firm. I even deliver
some oily/greased parts there too.
They remove the grease and rust electrically, and put on a thin layer of
zink afterwards.
(I am pretty shure they electronically removes any paint as well.)

This of course is not suitable for all parts, such as brakecylinders
etc. But it is very neat to deliver a cardbox of dirty parts, and fetch
a box of clean galvanized parts a few days later. The local galvanizing
shop does this rather cheap. I'm not shure how it is any other place,
but I think it is worth checking. Here I usually pay per kilo. I guess I
have to pay $50-60 for a  2x2x2 ft box filled with various parts. (I
think it is the finish which cost, and not the cleaning and galvanizing)
It saves you work, rustremover and paint. And everything look as new
when it returns.
But if it's not saving money (for me it even does) i think it is well
worth it.

As a word of visdom at last: don't galvanize brakedrums and other parts
that you don't want a layer of metal on.
I usally use it for brackets, tubes, nuts and bolts, doorlocks, well all
metalpieces I have to sandblast and paint.
I guess it is not any good for engine and brake cylinders.

Brgds,