Re: Brake Master, etc.

To: "Jane & Elton Wright" <delicate@rev.net>, <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master, etc.
From: "Greg Solow" <Gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:45:05 -0700
To repair the bell housing properly,  it is necessary to set up a jig so
that you can center the new hole that is going to be bored EXACTLY over the
centerline of the original hole so that the t/o bearing pushes on the true
center of the Clutch pressure plate to operate the clutch.  If it does not
do so, the carbon ring will wear prematurely and the "thrust plate" that is
attached to the clutch pressure plate can be knocked out of alignment.
After the first boring operation, you need to "shrink " a steel sleeve into
the hole that was bored, then that sleeve needs to be bored to the correct
size and honed smooth.  Then the operating pin slot need to be machined
through the sleeve and to smooth out the welding which was prabably
necessary to correct the worn side of the slot.   All in all, it is a pretty
involved set of  machining operations that need to be done to get it really
right!
                                        Regards, Greg Solow