Brake Master, etc.

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Master, etc.
From: Jane & Elton Wright <delicate@rev.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:15:37 -0400
Greetings all,

I have recently had the joy of seeing dark blue paint return to my 1967 4
seater wings.  The bonnets and body tub are next.  I have taken a drivable
car and exploded it to bits to get rid of rot and the tin worm.  Whilst
into the fray, I am just going to do it up.  One of the considerations is
the master cylinder. It is the single circuit type with the tin can
reservoir on the bulkhead.  Since I am also replacing the bulkhead, it
seems to me to make sense to do away with the rusty tin can and replace the
cylinder with one with an integral reservoir.  Are there any suggestions as
to which type works best, and would a dual circuit one be advisable since
some new plumbing is in order anyway?  On another subject, the clutch
release bearing slider (beer can) is pretty loose in the torque tube.  I
was quoted $350 by a local machine shop to put a sleeve in it.  Any other
suggestions or alternative repairs?  It doesn't seem to me to be that
difficult to do, but it may be beyond the capacity of my small home shop to
do.

If anyone on the list remembers Lannis talking a while back about the
college prof who carried his wife's ashes in his Morgan, it is my car.
Thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Elton

Elton & Jane Wright             voice: 540-389-6573
Salem, VA, USA                  email: delicate@rev.net
1967 Morgan Plus Four Tourer    1954 Morris Minor