Re: Brake Master, etc.

To: <DGreimel@aol.com>, <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Master, etc.
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:17:29 -0700
I actually used a Nissan master cylinder of the same diameter as the
original, 3/4 inch.  When racing, 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through a race, I
would usually have to begin pumping the brake pedal in order to have a good
pedal as I was going into a braking zone.  It was as if the piston for the
rear shoes did not have enough stroke to compensate for the wear that
occurred in the rear brakes during the first part of the race.  With the OE
Girling  Master cylinder that problem does not occur.

Regards, Greg Solow