Re: Hot Road Trip

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Road Trip
From: A Hart Jr <arthart@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:48:04 -0400
Joe,

For ceramic coating of your headers I would recommend HPC (High
Performance Coatings) See their web site at http://www.hpcoatings.com.
When I did the headers on my '64 +4 a year ago they were a bit less
expensive than Jet Hot.  Be sure you pay the extra to have them done
both inside and outside.  That is the only way to get the most heat out
from under the bonnet and it also prevents header burn through from the
heat being trapped inside, which will happen if you only do them on the
outside.

I really don't have any complaints about cockpit heat at all.  Making
sure you have a good seal between the bell housing and the firewall and
that all the firewall cracks and holes are well sealed will help too.

Art Hart
'64 +4
Chester, NJ