Re: Hot Road Trip

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Road Trip
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:31:44 -0400
One thing I always try to remember, is that it is almost certain that the
car didn't leave the factory 'overheating' other wise the first owner would
have got it sorted under warranty.
It seems that Jet Hot coatings, heat shields, air dam etc. are not the
solution, just a bandaid. You must take a look at why you car is getting so
hot - whether it's a cooling problem, ignition or fuel. It's true that some
cars foot wells do get warm - but if your car is getting so hot that an
insulating foil backed matting won't cure it, I think it's time for you to
look a little deeper into the problem.

Just my opinion,

Jeff