RE: Hot Road Trip

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hot Road Trip
From: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:41:14 -0400
Thanks to all for the manifold coating tips, especially
Art who reminded us to do the inside as well.

But, is this the most bang for the buck to reduce that
incredible heat?  My particular 4/4 is a regular lobster
pot when cruising at 60mph on trips over 50 miles with
75F average outdoor temps.

It sounds like some of the other Mogs don't get that kind
of heat, with or without the jet coat.  There are no exhaust
leaks to put heat straight on the firewall or floorboards
(had that happen once and melted my sneaker to the floor
like a cheeseburger). It's just that I have this extraordinary
engine compartment heat.

It's difficult to put insulation inside the passenger
footwell with that antique heater element in the way.
I don't want to disconnect it for fear it'll fall apart.

Regards,

"Hot and Bothered"

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ