Re: Smoggin' & stuff

To: CHarris990@aol.com
Subject: Re: Smoggin' & stuff
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:17:12 PDT
Let me just say that I "imported" my Mog from UK and got caught between a
rock & a hard place as the saying goes. As for venting @ USG, you may take
that as a given! Nevertheless, I do not withdraw my criticism of Bill Fink
or his UK equivelent Melvin Rutter both of whom I've met and understand
fairly well I think. Morgans may be a"niche market", but a market they are
nonetheless. Fink's attitude was "Well, you sell your car and I'll get you a
new one, but all parts are for my new cars only". Had he sold me the parts
and or modified my car for me - I was willing to pay - I would have been
happy to replace MOGS at some stage by doing what he suggested. If I ever do
that , I shall be buying one from Cantab Motors who deserve equal credit in
some ways and have put more into being a dealership etc from what I've seen
from their Web site;  whereas Fink has this poky little hole down on Pier
33(?) and lives in Bodega Bay (PRIME real estate, believe me). To my mind he
simply went out of his way to preserve his income base. Nothing wrong with
that, but he deserves no special consideration from my perspective, except
perhaps for having proved with sufficient persistance it can be done. Sorry.
Certainly between them they have ensured that a Morgan is no longer a
reasonably priced Sports Car in the US, but times being what they are,
perhaps that's wishful thinking on my part. Right! Winge & moan over!
Kit
'77 Plus 8 RHD(UK model)
R8272
*******
"
Kit,
The only reason that your car exist in the states is because of Bill
Fink and
his endeavors to make Morgans available.  I find your view that
that makes
him a poor Morganeer rather hollow.  I think your proper vent
should be at
the damn yankee government.
Harris

"