Re: Thoughts on cooling

To: nogera@prodigy.net (Bob Nogueira)
Subject: Re: Thoughts on cooling
From: jimgcusavecom@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:35:34 -0400 (EDT)
Bob, I use TEMPLE STICKS to check temperatures and have found little
difference between the thermostat housing and the metal inlet flange on
the  top tank.I have never found even 10 degrees difference. I feel that
temple sticks are more accurate than auto gages or sending units - If it
melts a 190° stick and doesn't melt a 200° stick it's not 200°. I
know many of the professional race guys use temple sticks to check
temperatures all over their cars, not just coolant temperatures.

I agree with Fred, there should be little or no difference between the
installed thermostat temperature rating and the gauge reading.

Jim