Re: Thoughts on cooling

To: Jim G <jimgcusavecom@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Thoughts on cooling
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 99 23:12:42 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Jim:
I have been running a temperature gauge to both locations and have seen a 15
degree difference between then on occasions.  This may be the result of
running a Plus 8 radiator in my Plus 4.  During the winter the radiator
location will barely move the needle off the stick (130) but does show
spikes  when the thermostat opens, meanwhile the thermostat housing shows
170 .   .

I agree with yours and Freds statement there SHOULD  be little or no
difference between the installed thermostat temperature rating and the gauge
reading, given the ideal cooling system, however Morgan does not have the
ideal cooling system with it'd fan some four inches behind a  radiator
limited in size by the body design and  drawing air from an uncowled opening
,. Morgans will show a fluctuation in temperature.
  With todays 107 (F)  temperature  Duchess did tend to run a few degrees
hotter in traffic than the  the 170 (F) thermostat and once moving did come
back down to  a respectable 185 (F) .
My point was simply that a Morgan which runs 200 to 205  in traffic and 185
on the expressway is not  necessarily something to worry about.

Bob Nogueira
  .