Re: A Morgan virgin !

To: SHarman@ideal.co.uk, Simon.OrebiGann@liffe.com, jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: A Morgan virgin !
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:49:15 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/99 2:57:26 AM, SHarman@ideal.co.uk writes:

<< Simon - it's interesting that you regard the car as suitable for everyday
transport; every one I've seen has had fantastically low mileage whatever
its age and I thought they might be Sunday only cars. Talking about Sundays,
last weekend I peered through the glass of 'FW Douglas'(?) in Ealing, West
London - must be the nearest dealer to me - to get an idea of price. I left
as keen as ever! >>

I have used my '71 +8 for daily  (almost-not when raining) transport since I
got it new. On the way back from Monterey today (where I watched Morgans race
in the Historic Car races at Laguna Seca, heard Mr. Morgan speak at a special
Morgan Banquet in honor of Morgan's 90th anniversary, and saw 10 Morgans
displayed on the lawn at thePebble Beach Concours) it passed the 180.000 mile
mark. Very relable the entire time, and still fast enough to earn me a
speeding ticket on the way up! Dave Collins, San Diego.