RE: A Morgan virgin !

To: "'Jeremy Edwards'" <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Subject: RE: A Morgan virgin !
From: "Hooley, Tim T" <Tim.Hooley@gs.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:44:57 +0100
Jeremy,

There were a couple of points in your mail which were of interest to me as
someone who lives in central London and drives a 1986 fiat-engined +4.

I have often seen mentioned that "Morgans built before 1986 may have very
little protection against rust or rot" - why is this?

Do you know what MMC started to do in 1986 and, more importantly for me,
when they started to do it...?

Also, you mentioned that "after 40-50k miles will start to loosen up panel
wise unless looked after."

Well, my car has 43k miles and so I am really keen to know what looking
after I should be doing (other than the regular greasing, etc. that I do) -
do you mean 'looking after' by driving carefully over potholes (far too many
in London!!), or do you mean I should go around the car tightening things
up....?

Any advice you might have which will delay the inevitable (is it?) first
rebuild will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Tim