Re: Tire jack

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Subject: Re: Tire jack
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <Chip.Brown@msdw.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:26:42 -0500
Well, I hate to say it to such a serious crowd, but that business about
jacking one wheel up a foot and the rest of it sitting there was a tall
tale. If your car really does this, you are about to learn about the
difference between a frame and a chassis.  Actually, my chassis,
together with my roll bar, is quite rigid indeed. My aforementioned
friend was trying (unsuccessfully) to get a rise out of me.. In terms of
chassis versus body: Your skeleton is the chassis and everything else is
the body. I think of my Morgan as a ladder with a wooden box sitting on
top of it. The box is the body, the ladder is the chassis.

Chip Brown, 57 +4, who could personally use a new chassis and body right
about now