RE: RE: US Gasoline Pricing

To: "'ARoman4047@aol.com'" <ARoman4047@aol.com>
Subject: RE: RE: US Gasoline Pricing
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 13:49:10 -0400
Tony,

... and then along came prosperity and a general 'dumming down' of the
electorate.  Not only are we collectively suffering from the NIMBY syndrome
(Not In My Back Yard), but we quite happily accept the fruits of the labours
of the previous generation and steal the resources from the next generation.

I'm not pronouncing judgment on owners/drivers of SUVs, pickup trucks, full
size sedans, Vans, motor homes, etc.  Who am I to decide what your needs
are. We, too, own a large car, a 1987 Olds CustomCruiser that gets 27 mpg
(Imperial) on a good day.  It gets used when we need to haul stuff, like 2x4
sheets of plywood and drywall, or ferrying the kids with their belongings to
university across the country.  To think that four of us moved all that we
had or needed in a 1952 Chevvy some 40 years ago when I went to college!

Chuck in Pinawa (being a curmudgeon today)